Chevrolet revealed the first-ever 2022 Silverado ZR2 today during the opening game of the NFL season with a special, 60-second spot featuring a lineup of all-star personalities putting the capabilities of the brand’s flagship off-road truck to the test.
“Playmaker” features five celebrities and experts from a wide array of backgrounds using some of the unique features of the Silverado ZR2, proving that the flagship off-road truck really is in a class of its own:
* BRELAND, platinum-selling artist, highlights the elevated design of the Silverado ZR2 on the set of a video shoot.
* Chase Elliott, NASCAR Cup Series champion, confidently pulls his boat out of the lake using the Silverado ZR2’s available trailering technology1.
* Chad Hall, world-renowned off-road racer and engineer, puts the Silverado ZR2’s off-road capabilities to the test like no one else can.
* Chris Pratt, award-winning actor who owns a ranch, uses the up to eight available cameras2 to track down his steer while Walter the cat watches from afar.
Sportscaster Michele Tafoya also provided a play-by-play of the action, bringing her dynamic energy in a way that feels at home during the first NFL game of the season.
“The first-ever Silverado ZR2 is truly unique, blending race-proven off-road capability with comfortable on-road manners, elevated design and thoughtful integrated technology,” said Steve Majoros, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “To really showcase the breadth of this truck’s capability, we needed a team of experts, truck-lovers and friends of Chevy to put it to the test in their own lives. The result is a fun and entertaining reveal that illustrates how versatile, capable and good-looking this new Silverado ZR2 truck really is.”
First-ever Silverado ZR2
The first-ever Silverado ZR2 drives into the flagship position of Chevy Trucks’ factory-lifted off-road lineup, offering race-proven off-road performance customers can buy right from the showroom floor. The ZR2 brings together a premium interior, immersive technology, a number of standard safety equipment features2 and off-road prowess in a comprehensive package.
ZR2’s suspension upgrades, enhanced off-road technology and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability — whether desert running or rock crawling — while balancing everyday driving comfort and supporting comparable payload and trailering capability to other Silverado off-road trims. ZR2 max payload is 1,440 pounds3 and the conventional trailer weight rating is 8,900 pounds1.
ZR2 highlights include:
* Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
* Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
* Uniquely-tuned springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel, compared to the Silverado Trail Boss
* Front and rear e-lockers
* Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal4 rock crawling
* Specific 33-inch off-road MT tires
* Unique skid plate package
* New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability and clearance, including an all-new, high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle, compared to other Silverado off-road models.
In addition to its functional features, the Silverado ZR2 is distinguished by several aesthetic cues, including a new black hood insert, a unique grille with integrated lighting and a “flow-tie” emblem, ZR2 badges, unique 18-inch wheels and a unique Jet Black/Graystone leather-trimmed interior, with complementing dark trim.